Wednesday 28 March 2012

Hand made house.



Finally finished, it doesn't look as good as I've hoped, but, its a first draft. 
It was really easy to make, it involved six pieces of standard cardboard, PVA glue, news paper, tape and paint. 
First I used the first piece of cardboard to create the outside. then I taped the sides just to keep it strong.
After that I made the roof, pretty standard rectangle and bent in half to create the roof, then I taped that down also.
After that I used the paper mache technique to strengthen the structure. Easy and sticky.
When that had dried I used the last four pieces of cardboard to make the roofing above the window and door, and the chimney. the roofing above the windows was made the same way I made the roof of the house. But instead of tape I  simply glued them down, then again used the paper mache technique. For the chimney I Simple made a cube out of the cardboard then, glued it down, and repeated the paper mache technique.
Next i added the paint. Simple and easy.
Great to make with your children or If your like me, Bored. 

No comments:

Post a Comment